* Select Sample -> New from the menu.
* Turn on the laser and open the shutter
* Load sample into microscope.
* Set sample directory and sample name.
* Set imaging parameters in main BakingTray window.
* Set channels to acquire in ScanImage CHANNELS window.
* Raise sample and set blade position.
* Take the first slice: ensure blade ends up about 3 mm beyond the edge of the agar.
* Trim off excess agar and approach imaging depth.
* Hit the Auto-Trim button to go from thicker trimming section to the final slice thickness and speed used for imaging.
* Center sample under objective. Open laser shutter. Turn off room lights.
* Find the sample surface, take a slice, then re-measure surface to check for stability.